Department of Developmental Therapy
The developmental therapy department is headed by Mrs. Pravina S .Raut (B.Com, Diploma in Special Education and Bridge course on ASD, ADHD, and speech and language therapy). She has a rich experience of 20+ years in the field and has handled over 500 children with Intellectual disability, 200+ children with autism and 200+ children with cerebral palsy and related problems. Her team consists of special educators, mental health workers and interns.
Objective and Vision
The main aim of the department is to help a large number of people affected by developmental disabilities and handicaps to achieve their maximum potential and preparing them to merge in the mainstream of society .
The objective of this department is
- Assessment of problem using tools like FACP, MDPS, Basic-MR CAR checklist etc
- Formulating a long term plan and interventional strategy for individual.
- Solving the problem through systematic, scientific and effective therapies.
- Indulging in group therapy to improve social skills.
- Working with individuals to achieve the goals set.
- Individualized Developmental Therapeutic Program for children with Intellectual Disability
- Special Handling program for ASD, Intellectual Disability, Cerebral Palsy, Developmental Delays and ADHD.
- Group Therapies for special children: * Play group therapy *Pre-vocational Group therapy
- Vocational training and job placements (Depending on individual’s level)
- Outdoor activities (for borderline and slow learners)
- Educational tour (Transfer of Learning)
- Special Counseling, psycho education and motivation for parents
- Home based programs for outstation students
- Tools:-FACP, MDPS, Basic-MR CAR checklist