Dr. Shailesh Pangaonkar
Founder Director CIBS
Qualifications: MBBS, BA (Psychology), DPM, DNB (Psychiatry)
Specialisation: Child & Adolescent Psychiatry | Cognitive Sciences
Practising Since: 1998
The Founder Director
Dr. Shailesh Pangaonkar is the Founder Director of Central Institute of Behavioural Sciences. He is a renowned psychiatrist, author, orator and expert in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Cognitive Sciences. He has a rich experience of serving mental health in Central India for more than 17 years and has pioneered many concepts in the field of Behavioural Sciences.
He accomplished MBBS in 1994 from Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (MGIMS), affiliated to Nagpur University. Simultaneously, he pursued BA (Psychology) in order to study human behavior and related sciences. He did specialisation (DPM) in Psychological Medicine from KEM Hospital, Mumbai in 1996. Dr. Pangaonkar went on to obtain his DNB from National Board of Education (Mm. of Health & Family Welfare), New Delhi in 1997. He has undergone intensive training in Child and Adolescence from World Psychiatric Association and with WHO De-addiction Center of Excellence at KEM.
Dr. Pangaonkar is actively involved in organising and hosting various events for spreading awareness amongst the masses.
– Covered areas like TV hazards, Academic problems , Concentration and memory problems, Performance Anxiety, Marital harmony, Emotional Intelligence, Stress Management, Quality of Life, Yoga and Spiritual Sciences, Meditation and Life matters, Conflict resolution, Creative Teaching, Parenting skills, Diet and life, Globalization and self, Sports Psychology, Mental Fitness, Caring the mentally sick, Sex Education, School Mental health, Disease and coping with it.
– Conducted 70 camps (Headache, Epilepsy, Sexual dysfunction, Parenting, Couples, IQ, EQ, Learning Techniques, Life Skill Education, Dementia and Sleep Disorder, Autism).
– Conducted 30 workshops (Motivation, Goal setting, Quality of Life, Stress Management, Exam phobia, Personality Development, Hypnotherapy, Understanding Adolescence, LSE Master Trainers program), 6 Training programs (Diet counseling, Child Psychology, Learning Disability, Hypnosis).
– Interviewed on All India Radio 20 times. Developed 3 serials of 13 episodes on sports psychology.
– Interviewed on Star Maza for childhood depression.
– Interviewed on Zee Marathi for Mental Status during festival.
– Interviewed on Door Darshan 5 times (Mental Fitness, Study techniques, Parenting Skills).
– Published 18 Scientific and research papers in National and International Journals.
– Published OCD and Dementia Magazine for patients and care givers in 2010.
– Delivered 25 national and international scientific seminars for Psychiatrist, and other medical specialties.
– Invited by Rotary Club, Nagpur as guest speaker on stress management, quality of life etc.
– Invited by Sandnya Sanwardhan Sanstha and Sanmvedana in workshops on Autism.
– Invited by Yugantar Education Society for Music Therapy in Mental Health.
– Disability Workshop for Common Wealth Organization at Dhaka, Bangladesh.
– Conducted Workshop on side effects of Psychotopics at WZ – CME, Pune.
– International workshop on Autism through Indian Psychology (Srimad Bhagwat).
– Spiritually and Science today.
– World Psychiatric Association Training Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
– Understanding adolescents at IMA hall in Nagpur.
– Suicide prevention for adolescents at IMA hall in Nagpur.
– Lecture on parenting at IMA hall in Khamgaon.
– Lecture on Depression at IMA hall in Katol.
– Lecture on Stress Management for Doctor at IMA hall in Amravati.
– Lecture on parenting at Paranjape School in Nagpur.
– Lecture on parenting at Narayana Vidyalayam in Chandrapur and Nagpur.
– Lecture on problems of Hostlers and tips for the Warden at VNIT in Surat.
– Lecture on parenting and Life Skill Education at Bhavans in Surat.
– Lecture on parent-child relationship at Nagpur Mahila Club.
– Lecture on Bipolar Mood Disorder and Sleep Disorder in Indian Psychiatry